Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Conclusion


            Before arriving in Australia, I had no idea how unique and various the animals were here. Since being here, it is hard to not become enthralled by Australia’s wildlife, especially when utilizing tourist enterprises. One study I came across found that 18.4% of international visitors are motivated to visit Australia partly because of the native animals.[1] Although I cannot say the wildlife played a role in my decision to study in Australia, it is definitely motivation to return. Additionally, holding a koala and playing with a kangaroo provides high recommendations to my family and friends to travel down under. And as long as Australia is the one and only home to many of these animals, I think the wildlife tourism industry will continue to be successful.


[1] Karen Belinda Higginbottom, Chelsea Norththrope, David B. Croft, Brad Andrew Hill, and Liz Fredline. “The Role of Kangaroos in Australian Tourism,” Australian Mammalogy, 26 1 (2004): 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment